Current Career Openings at Berkley Entertainment
At Berkley Entertainment we focus on providing a full portfolio of property and casualty insurance solutions for the entertainment industry. We provide a superior level of service and satisfaction to our customers.
You will find a culture in which you will be valued and respected. Berkley Entertainment understands the long-term advantage of offering competitive benefits including programs, services and resources to help our employees achieve a healthy balance at work and in life.
Responsible for reviewing, evaluating, negotiating and processing WC claims in NY, NJ, MA, PA, RI, MD as well as other jurisdictions. The position will also make recommendations for resolutions and litigation management as appropriate. This position can be a remote position, or located in our Irving, TX office.Responsibilities:
- Conduct initial investigation to confirm coverage is in place for the loss and that the loss itself is compensable per state specific requirements.
- Make quality, prompt contacts with employer, claimant, doctor and any witnesses, document and confirm initial diagnosis and prognosis.
- Make sure claims are adequately reserved.
- Review and pay medical bills and expense bills timely and accurately.
- Recognize and evaluate each case for subrogation potential.
- Recognize potential fraud cases.
- Document return to work and light duty efforts on lost time claims.
- Accurately calculate code and issue indemnity payments on lost time claims.
- Promptly and accurately complete the required internal Large Loss reports.
- Proactively manage all litigated claims by clearly documenting the litigation plan, budget, retaining competent counsel, communicating with counsel on a regular basis and clearly documenting the litigation action plan and strategy.
- Participate in claim reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, insurance or related field.
- At least 2-4 years in investigating and adjusting workers compensation claims.
- Adjuster License required in area of adjusting specialty.
- Solid understanding of WC Statutory benefits and state regulatory requirements in multiple jurisdictions.
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and general computer skills.
- Must be a team player and able to multi-task effectively.
- Must be able to travel as necessary.